6226 Cider Press Rd
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Home Phone (717) 659-6621
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 16 years of Systems Engineering experience
• 5 Years of Project Lead and Team Management Experience
• Highly experienced with Change Management, including ITIL and Agile frameworks.
• Highly experienced with large datacenters, offsite replication, backups, and DR Design and Testing
• Deployment and System Design with Microsoft Operating Systems through Server 2019
• Implementation and support for Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, and other application platforms
• Highly familiar with VMWare technologies
• Extensive Powershell Scripting and Automation
• Working knowledge of Cisco iOS and networking protocols
Bell and Evans
Jan 2018 – Current
IT Infrastructure Manager
• Manager of IT Infrastructure Department personnel, Including Server, Network, and Client Support teams. Reporting directly to Vice President of IT.
• Primary Project Manager and Systems Architect for all new Infrastructure initiatives
• Designed, Documented, and Tested complete DR plans for secondary datacenter, and Azure recovery.
• Performed Cost Analysis and handled vendor negotiations for managed print services, realizing 35% cost savings on Hardware and Maintenance
• Mentor for process management and improvement for functional areas within the business.
• Acting lead for ERP system data optimization projects.
• Responsible for annual IT budget, covering Operational Expenses and Planned Capital Expenditures.
• Oversaw and planned complete redesign and implementation of Facility Radio system.
• Implemented SonicWall Hosted Mail Security for Office 365, eliminating phishing and malware vulnerabilities
• Performed complete Data center migration and redesign from aging VMWare infrastructure to
• Implemented dual site replication for Hyper-V High Availability.
• Installation and Administration of Quest Rapid Recovery backup software, including offsite replication of backups to Azure.
• Administration of Active Directory Domain and Group Policy management.
• Installed and configured Kace K2000 workstation imaging and deployment appliance.
• Support for Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2015
• Support for MTech live inventory software.
• Support and Implementation of multiple Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) app deployments.
• SAN Administration for Dell/EMC Compellent and VNX Storage.
• Management of Public Facing services such as VPN, Email, and ADFS Authentication
• Implementation of Barracuda ADC Load Balancers for web services including ADFS and ADFS Web Proxy
• Support and Administration of Hybrid Exchange 2016 environment, as well as Office 365.
• Administration of Forcepoint WebSense web filtering platform
• Implemented Bomgar Privileged Access, used for external user access to company resources as a VPN replacement.
• Administration of Cisco ASA5500 series Firewalls
Deloitte Consulting for PA Department of Human Services
April 2015 – Jan 2018
• IIS, .Net, Apache, Java, JBoss, and Tomcat App Administration for all DHS public facing and internal web sites and services.
• Middleware and backend service support and administration including IIS Services, Corticon, WebMethods, BizTalk, AppFabric, NCache, Adobe LiveCycle ES2 and ES4, and others.
• Extensive Powershell scripting and automation.
• VMWare infrastructure support
• Hyper-V Administration for remote sites.
• Enterprise Firewall Administration using Checkpoint Firewall. Including Policy updates and troubleshooting.
• Deployment and support of Microsoft Release Management tool as part of Team Foundation Server.
• Collaboration with App Teams and Project Managers during Application development, deployment, and testing.
• Support for NeoLoad Load Testing software by NeoTys, including complete upgrade and migration of SVN repositories to NeoTys Team Server 2.1 from version 1.0.
• Support for all servers in 7 different environments from Development through Production.
• Assisted with full data center move of all production applications and their lower environments.
• Windows Server support for Active Directory Domain Services, DFS, Failover Clustering, Network Load Balancing, and other Windows Server applications.
• Citrix Netscaler Administration.
• Use of Splunk search for Reporting and Troubleshooting.
The Hershey Company via System One
October 2013- April 2015
Windows Server Administrator
• Management of several VMWare farms, hosting over 700 Virtual Machines and management of VCenter and VSphere 5 environments
• Implemented Fusion I/O host based flash acceleration and tiered storage in VMWare.
• Part of implementation team for upgrade of Active Directory domain controllers and functional level from Server 2003 to Server 2012.
• Implemented System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012 R2 to improve management of over 20 remote Hyper-V Clusters
• Performed planning and implementation of remote Hyper-V cluster upgrades from Server 2008 R2 to 2012 R2 with no business impact.
• Developed self-service automated VMWare server deployment process using System Center Service Manager, Portal and Orchestrator tools
• Assisted in identifying and implementing SCOM alerts and ticket generation.
• Created and updated technical documentation as required
• Worked with IT leadership to determine and act on needed infrastructure improvements, including automation, hypervisor improvements, and support plans.
Graham Packaging Company
January 2011 – October 2013
• Tier 3 Client and Server support for over 2,500 users
• Active Directory Users, Groups, and Security Administrator
• Exchange 2010 Mailbox Administration
• SAP Security and Compliance, using SymSoft Control Panel for security approval and workflow
• Administration of VMWare View VDI environment hosting up to 600 active sessions
• Administration of Windows Servers and Services, Including Print servers, Domain Controllers, Group Policy, and manufacturing applications
• Network support using SolarWinds network utilities
PennDOT – Harrisburg, PA
July 2008 – January 2011
Workstation Specialist/Client Services
• Primary Tier 2 support contact for workstation issues within PennDOT
• Simplified workstation image management and development through the use of scripts, batch files, and simplified build instructions.
• Used System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for package creation and deployment, performing inventory and software collection, and reporting
• Creation of Group Policy objects and preferences for workstation and user profile management.
• Project lead in Windows 7 x64 pilot for PennDOT. Responsible for image creation, Group Policy management, deployment strategy, as well as Active Directory integrated deployment of BitLocker hard drive encryption.
• Worked with workstation team to create central repository for documentation of procedures and policies.
• Assisted security team in maintaining Anti-Virus definitions compliance
York International/Johnson Controls Inc. – York, PA
Aug. 2004 – Nov. 2007
Application Support Specialist
• Front line phone support for Siebel 7 CRM system.
• Active Directory user management and creation for several domains
• Support for field users to facilitate Service Call management, invoicing, and payroll
• Maintained assets for field deployment of over 700 handheld units. Duties included overseeing a 3rd party company for shipping and receiving, as well as maintaining relationships with 3rd party companies for refurbishing and locating new supply chains
• Resolved back-end payroll transaction errors using AS400 interface
• Provided Support for Lawson Financial Software.
Earthlink Inc. – Harrisburg, PA
Feb. 2003-March 2004
Technical Support Representative
• Performed phone-based technical support for a customer base of over 5 million customers.
• Supported broadband specific hardware and software, including
DSL and cable modems, Network Cards, PPPoE Client software, and TCP/IP throughput and related issues.
• Home Computer support for all Windows and Apple operating systems.
• Second level Macintosh support.
• Provided support for Blackberry Handheld Wireless Email Services.
Berklee College of Music, Boston MA 1999-2002
Studies in Music Production and Engineering